There are some scents and fragrances that immediately creates the Christmas feeling for us - cinnamon and nutmeg. So we couldn't help but to find a simple apple pie recipe to try out for the holidays. Thanks to our friend, we put this recipe to test. We fumbled a little along the away, but this has to be a keeper, its simple enough to put together and perfect for those last minute gatherings that you may be hosting at home. We love the sweet and sour combination of the apples.
This recipe serves 6 (or less if you indulge in it too much).
So here goes...
3 green apples
3 red apples
½ lemon juice
¼ lemon zest
1 tablespoon of Langit’s Gula Apong
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of corn flour
2 teaspoon of Langit’s Koningau (Cinnamon powder)
1 teaspoon of Nutmeg / Allspice
½ teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
Frozen pie crust
1 tablespoon of milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180*C for 30 minutes
2. Roll out your pie crust into an 8 inch baking dish and bake it for 10-15mins in your preheated oven. Set them aside to cool down.
3. Peel, core and slice 3 green and 3 red apples.
4. In a bowl, add in juice of lemon and zest, corn flour, brown sugar, Gula Apong, Koningau (cinnamon) and nutmeg to the sliced apples. Mix them evenly and set them aside.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of butter into the pan and cook the apple mixture until they are soften. You may adjust the sweetness to your preferred taste. Set them aside to cool down.
6. Cut the other half of the pie crust into strips and construct your lattice top by placing one set of strips on the pie then fold every other strip over.
7. Brush the lattice thoroughly with the egg wash.
8. Sprinkle some Koningau and brown sugar on top.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 45mins – 1hr.
10. Serve warm with your favourite vanilla ice-cream.
We hope you'll enjoy trying out this recipe.
Explore other recipes : here
|Visit langit.com.my for a full range of Langit rice, spices (ginger, black pepper & white pepper), and other seasonal products. We ship throughout Malaysia.|
Follow our journey here: